LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot has surpassed $ 100 million as there was no winner of the $ 99 million jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, May 13.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, May 17 will be worth $ 112 million with a cash option of $ 64.5 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for May 13: 11-41-43-44-65
The Gold Mega Ball: 13
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for May 13:
· While there was no grand prize winner, one player matched all five white balls to win $ 1 million in the drawing. That ticket was sold in Texas
· However, that player did not play the Megaplier option, which would have increased their winnings to $ 3 million.
· In Michigan, two tickets sold won $ 1,500 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 254,086 tickets sold that won at least $ 4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 10,537 tickets sold won at least $ 4.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 pm Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $ 2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, May 14 with an estimated jackpot of $ 83 million and a cash option of $ 47.6 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, May 14 at 7:29 pm with a jackpot of $ 1.05 million. Deadline is 7:08 pm that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $ 110,000. The drawing is at 7:29 pm Deadline is 7:08 pm
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $ 1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $ 1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $ 1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.